- Born: 25 Aug 1875, Tecumseth, Simcoe, Ontario, Canada 1,3,4
- Marriage (1): William Edward Baycroft on 2 Oct 1895 in Cookstown, Simcoe, Ontario, Canada
- Marriage (2): George Edgar Janes after 1939 in Ontario, Canada
- Died: 30 Jul 1952, New Toronto, Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada aged 76
Edith was a long-time member of the New Toronto Horticultural Society. She sponsored the Baycroft Cup for the garden competition.
JANES, Edith Law (Baycroft) - Suddenly, on Wednesday, July 30, 1952, Edith Law Janes, dearly beloved wife of George E Janes, 77 3rd St, New Toronto, dear mother of Errol T Baycroft, of Barrie, Gordon and Richard Baycroft of New Toronto, and Mrs. N. Davy (Blanche) of Kingston, the late De Witt Baycroft of Chalk River, Garnet Janes, Guy Janes, Mrs. M. Costello (Lydia), Mrs. F Williamson (Mabel) of New Toronto, and Mrs. S. Sharpe (Berta) of Toronto. Resting at the Baycroft funeral home, 980 Lake Shore Rd (at 14th St), New Toronto until Friday at 2:30 pm, then to St. Margaret's Church of England, 6th St. Margaret's Church of England, 6th St, New Toronto for funeral service at 3 pm. Interment Park Lawn Cemetery.
Noted events in her life were:
• Residence, 1901, Tecumseth, Simcoe (South/Sud), Ontario, Canada. 1
• Residence, 1911, Main Street, Beeton, Tecumseh, Simcoe, Ontario. 4
Edith married William Edward Baycroft, son of Thomas Baycroft and Mary Jean Green, on 2 Oct 1895 in Cookstown, Simcoe, Ontario, Canada. (William Edward Baycroft was born on 8 Mar 1873 in Tecumseth, Simcoe, Ontario, Canada 1,3,4 and died in 1939 in New Toronto, Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada.)
Edith next married George Edgar Janes, son of Nelson Janes and Louisa Kennedy, after 1939 in Ontario, Canada. (George Edgar Janes was born on 22 Apr 1877 in Ingersoll, Oxford, Ontario, Canada 1,4,22 and died in Dec 1955 in New Toronto, Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada.)